[pct-l] Taboose Pass

I bailed off the JMT over Taboose Pass once.  I slept at the top of the pass
next to the beautiful creek.  I was up at dawn and hiked the 5000' or more
down over scree and sand.  I got to the trailhead, and there was not one
car.

I continued hiking on the winding dirt road until I hit the highway about
noon.  I think it was an 12 mile hike or so across the desert.  It was over
100 degrees, even in the late morning.

I stopped at the creek where it crosses Hwy 395 and took my boots off.  My
feet were swollen to twice their normal size.  I stuck them in the creek and
passed out to awaken an hour later.

That is one miserable hike...

Jeff Olson
Laramie WY