[pct-l] eastside departure points

Hi AsABat,

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, AsABat wrote:
[Taboose]
> The upper half is loose football-sized rock and the bottom half is
> sand. Although it follows a creek, it's often unreachable from the
> trail, and there's only about three places to camp as the canyon is so
> steep.

A few years ago a friend of mine and I went up Taboose. We wanted to get
to either Mt. Pinchot or Bench Lake. We started at 10pm, hiked through the
desert and took a nap. It still took all next day to get to the pass. We
slept on the pass, exhausted and had nasty headaches next morning. We
decided to return. Downhill was a breeze, less than six hours, mostly
jogging on sand/gravel. We where awfully out of shape that time and
carried too much. Still, going downhill I think it was fun.

Ilja.