[pct-l] PCT with a dog?

I have to add my two cents.  I also hike with an australian cattle dog, a light colored
female.  We did section D in March 2002.  She did just fine with the snow and the cold days,
but as we hiked from North Fork Ranger Station to Soledad Canyon the temperature in the
shade was 100 degrees, and she was going crazy, digging holes in the shade under chapparal,
rubbing her belly in the holes, panting very heavily.  She was miserable, and she picked up
hundreds of ticks that we removed nightly for a couple of weeks after the trip.
Marion