[pct-l] PCT with a dog?

In a message dated 11/11/03 7:24:43 PM, DjgPct@aol.com writes:

<< However, it is true that this is MY vision and quest, not his, and I will

think about that and talk it over with my wife.? A good friend did the CDT
with

her dog, and he did fine.? That's what made me think that our dog might do
well

on the PCT.

If you live in the Southwest, why not try a section hike of the PCT and see
how he does
 I must say though that I am amazed that a dog could hike the CDT. She must
be mighty proud of him/her
  You would have to pass up the Sierra. 90% of the trail after that would
allow a dog
  My opinion is that if your dog is non intrusive (including not barking at
every person he meets), then I have no problem with its presence. I've had dogs
sneak up on me from behind who growled at me as I passed its owner's camp and
didn't much care for that. On the other hand i have seen many dogs that were
friendly, if a bit exuberant, and well behaved