[pct-l] PCT with a dog?

Thanks for these replies about hiking with my dog.

You've given me a lot to consider.? I live in the southwest and my dog
"hikes" multiple times every week for many miles/hours at a time with my wife while
she rides her horse; she does long distance trail riding.? He has to run to
keep up with her horse.? His stamina is awesome and he is accustomed to heat.?
He also has never pooped directly on a trail in his life.? (Not something we
had to teach him, just his own personal sense of propriety, which we have really
appreciated!)

However, it is true that this is MY vision and quest, not his, and I will
think about that and talk it over with my wife.? A good friend did the CDT with
her dog, and he did fine.? That's what made me think that our dog might do well
on the PCT.

Thanks again for your feedback-

Darrell

P.S. Sorry if I sent this to anyone privately, I meant to just send this to
the list...