[pct-l] more introductions...

Hey all (how many people are on this list, anyhow?  do I know any of
you?) ...

I took a semester off from college to thruhike the AT northbound in
2001, going by "Everest", with "Survivor" as my wonderful hiking partner
(note the deceptively hardcore-sounding trailnames).  I'd never done
much more than weekend backpacking trips prior to my thruhike, because
my family was never very interested in getting dirty and sweaty in the
woods ... so I went into the experience with an open mind, knowing that
there was a possibility that I might not like long distance backpacking
as much as I thought I would, etc. etc.  I was feeling burned out at
school, though, and the idea of thruhiking had fascinated me since I
first heard about the existence of the AT in my late teens.

Fortunately, it turned out that thruhiking was the greatest thing ever,
and after I finished I wanted to do it again immediately.  Instead, I
went and finished college, and graduated this past spring, and
subsequently moved to Cambridge, MA and entered the workforce.

Just as the idea of thruhiking the AT occupied my stray thoughts as I
sat through classes in college, now the idea of thruhiking the PCT
occupies my stray thoughts as I sit in my office -- even more so after
all of the gorgeous slides of the PCT I saw at the ALDHA Gathering last
month.  So, to help those stray PCT thoughts along (and to make them a
little more concrete), I recently joined this mailing list.  I hope I'll
be able to get on the trail in 2005 ... if not, then someday.

Happy trails :)

Laura/Everest