[pct-l] Short Intro

My name is Bob Smith, my trail name is Waterboy. I will be 58 when I start my PCT thru hike.  I thru hiked the AT in 1999 right after I retired.  My wife, Diane and I have been married for 31 years and we have a one daughter. Her name is Christine and her trail name is 1/3 ( one third)  She just completed a thru hike of the AT (03).

We live in Niceville, Fl. just across the bay from Destin, Fl.
All three of us started a thru hike of the AT in March of 03 but around the Smokey Mts Diane came down with Pneumonia and try as hard as she could she could not shake it enough to resume a full hike. We did hike some more through out the summer. Right now, Diane and I are planning a short, maybe one to two week hike real soon but not sure just where yet, but in the South.

I am one of those people who really likes to plan my hike even thought I know that mostly plans go out the door real soon. But the planning gives me a lot of joy as I imagine the trail and the stops. My trail name, Waterboy tells about my concern for water. I carried about a gallon of water all the time when I first started the AT and still drank from every water source I came upon. I'm better now.

Diane and I met 1/3 in Hanover , NH .last month and attended the ALDHA meeting. I got to attend two classes on the PCT and both were excellent presentations.

Also, I am trying to cure myself of carrying everything that a full infantry platoon might need. And I have this fantasy that I am going to get in shape before I start the PCT. I actully am working on that now.

Well, take care and see you up the trail
Waterboy