[pct-l] Oregon planning

Velveeta or someother processed cheese would last for 3 weeks, but I
wouldn't send myself Velveeta in the mail.  Not to fear, you can
buy plenty o'cheese in Ashland and there is basic cheddar in
Mazama campground in Crater Lake.  I'm pretty sure that Ollalie
Lake did not have cheese when I came through, but I could be
mistaken.  I didn't look for supplies in Timberline, choosing
instead to feed at their most excellent breakfast buffet.
I didn't stop at any of the other resorts.  Sisters has a big
superstore, but you have to hitch off the trail to get to it.

Chris

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, T Taylor wrote:

> I'm planning to walk the Oregon section of the PCT next summer(2004), starting mid to late June.  (norhtbound)
>
> Does anyone have any favorite recipes/foods that are simple and require little to no on-trail preparation?
>
> I plan to USPS/UPS most of my food drops.  What are some varieties of cheese (not cheese-like substances) that will hold up well for a few weeks?
>
> And, finally, will snow be a huge issue that early in the season (on average)?
>
> Thanks for all your help
> Aranare  : )

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics