[pct-l] Re-supply on the PCT

--- Christopher Willett <chwillet@indiana.edu> wrote:
> Caesar's buffet. It
> was $22 and I think Will put away 8 lbs of prime
> rib.  They

Mmmmmm.... Mmmmm... That's new! :D

> park, but a ranger gave me a ride up after informing
> me of this fact.

Doh! I broke the law, I guess. :)

> terrain is pretty easy, so the leg from Mazama to
> Sisters and
> Sisters to Cascade Locks went by quickly.  Sisters

Chris' suggestion is great if you do not mind
hitching. I readily admit, I do not enjoy hitching and
like to avoid towns as much as possible, even for
re-supply purposes where I will be in and out. I
always have trouble getting hitches anyway. Must be my
ugly mug? :-)

 As I said, to me it was worth blowing in and out of
these on-trail re-supply places. Small, not really a
town (so I can avoid the town thing), very quick. Not
being a town, these on trail places where I mail
packages to does really make it feel like I left the
trail, vs. say, Sisters.

A PCT buddy, Happy Jo, OTOH, LOVED to hitch for the
opposite reasons. He loved going into town to soak up
the "local culture".   Worked great for him.

But that is the beauty of long distance hiking, no one
good way to do it. Find a method that works for you. I
tend to hike solo, hate hitching and like to be away
from towns for the most part.

Mags

=====
--Thoreau