[pct-l] Mail Drops - Cajon Pass, Pink Motel, Quincy, Timberline?

At 12:54 AM 10/21/2003 -0700, Marshall Karon wrote:
>Timberline Lodge - They charge a fee, but otherwise it should be OK. The
>lodge is always open, but don't know where the packages are kept. Never have
>used it.

In 2002, the packages were kept in the gift store in the building across
from the lodge. It may have been called the Wy'East Store, my memory is not
so good.

>Another place not always noted: Etna - great grocery store and small town.
>Nice place for a layover. There is a very hiker friendly hostel.

Etna was great. It was an easy hitch into the town and with an affordable
hostel, decent grocery store, microbrewery, laundromat and multiple places
to get a good milkshake, it was an enjoyable stay.

I'll add one more overlooked potential stop: Ridgecrest (instead of Onyx)
from Walker Pass. Sizable town with a huge grocery store. Ridgecrest has
China Lake Naval Weapons Center employing many people. In the morning, you
may catch a ride with a generous person driving over Walker Pass to go to work.