[pct-l] Snow - was long, now not so much

Interesting information.  I'm planning a thru hike in '04 and how early
one can enter the Sierras is of particular interest to me.  I want to
start as early AS POSSIBLE.  Based on your data and other's experiences,
what is the typical (or range of) snow pack to be expected at the higher
elevations in early May?  How deep is too deep for safe hiking?  I was
planning on doing some more research before asking questions, but your
analysis gave a good opportunity to ask.  What have been y'all's
experiences with the snow depth at various times during the season?