[pct-l] sleeping bags

I have to put in a plug for the Nunatek Arc Alpinist.  It's a blanket with a
foot pocket, about 4" of loft of 800 fill down.  It's rated at 20 degrees,
and I've slept below that in it in a tent and never been cold.  I sleep
warm.  I've used it for about 50 nights over the last three summers.  I'm
going to try it with my old North Face Chrysalis this winter.

It has three straps that go underneath the full length sleeping pad - I use
a 3/8" blue foam pad, that tucks the bag's edges so there are no cold air
leaks.  When it's in the 40s, it is really easy to spread out and pretend
I'm sleeping in a bed - no constriction at all.  For my money, it's superior
to a bag for summer sleeping.

The bag is 19 ounces.  It is warm to 20 degrees...

Jeff Olson
Laramie Wyoming