[pct-l] a few questions

In a message dated 10/7/2003 9:04:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
res46@cornell.edu writes:
> [...]
recommend hiking boots for the extra-snowy/mountainy sections?  i.e. the high
sierra? <<<<<

I went through the Sierra the third week of June this year.  I wore NB tennis
shoes ( sneakers, I think they call them back there) and lightweight REI
scree gaiters.  I had no problems with the snow...except.  I took no long pants
and, getting to Muir Pass at 11AM, got a ferocious case of snow burn from
repeated postholing.  Feet were wet on occasion, but dried quickly.  My gear was
fine, but I highly recommend getting to Muir Pass early in the morning.

No Way