[pct-l] No trophies, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no line...

I am inclined to laugh every time I read the posts here about someone setting a "record pace" during their thru-hike.  There are no trophies at the end of the PCT and there is no prize purse.  Even if there were a purse given out to the fastest hikers, I'm sure no one would want to wear it, unless it were silicon-impregnated nylon, of course.

The real winners are the ones who can afford to take as long as they want in reaching their destination.

-Chuckie V
A professional athlete and slow PCT thru-hiker, believe it or not.