[pct-l] Re: pct-l Digest, Vol 5, Issue 23

John wrote:

Everyone take whatever precautions you need to, and I ask that the
distribution list  be suspended for two weeks to test out the virus
infections.   We
have too much to share to disband because of a virus.

That's not how this virus works.  It's not sending email through the
pct-l list.  It apparently infected the computer of someone who is a
member of this list, got all our addresses from email that was saved on
that person's machine, and is sending spam directly to everyone.
Unsubscribing or suspending the list won't make any difference.

Eric