[pct-l]class of '77 is EVERYWHERE!

I was in Mammoth Lakes yesterday, looking for a part
for my bike rack.  Some fellow saw my PCTA and ATC
bumper stickers and asked if I was a thru-hiker.  He
said he had thru-hiked the PCT in ... yep, 1977!  I
can't remember his name (last name is Kerns?)but he
knows Greg, Monte and Carl.  He said something about
renaming the "Kelty Kids" to the "Pullman
Kids"...something about a train ride through Mojave?
Carl??
I'm trying to keep up with the list by reading the
archives as my yahoo account is out of control with
the virus/spam.  Hope it goes away soon.
Anyone know how to reactivate the news groups?  I just
get an error message when I try to open them.
Katy