[pct-l] (Guest Post) Re: Affording a thru hike

Work for a university.  I'm able to save up enough for a thru hike from
Oct - May.  Then I can take 5 mo. leave.  Most people don't have that
luxury so I think I'm in a rare situation to be able to do this.  I'm not
a seasonal worker, I'm an engineer. But I don't think I could pull this
off if I worked for a private firm.

Steve