[pct-l] Digital vs. "Regular" Cameras: a weight comparison (PlusHow to back up on the trail?)

I just bought one of these http://www.exilim.co.uk/exz3.htm at 126 grams I
don't think you could get much lighter without compromising the quality too
much.  (there are cameras in this range lighter but without an optical zoom)

I am just trying it out now and am very impressed so far.  I intend bouncing
the charger to my resupply points and carrying a spare battery.  These are
only a few grams, so I think it's worth it.  I haven't had a chance to try
out battery life yet, but I am guessing you could avoid taking a spare if
you limited the time you spent reviewing the photos an the LCD and only used
the viewfinder to frame your shots.

I am just trying to work out a strategy for sending my photos home.  Even
though the SD cards weigh next to nothing, they are quite expensive, so I
wouldn't want to have to buy enough to last the trip.  I heard that some
photo stores offer a burn to CD service, but I bet they would be difficult
to locate along the trail without a great deal of hassle.  What I really
want is a reliable company that would offer this service by mail,
ie.

Accept the sd card in the post
Burn the cd
Send the cd to my home address
Return the card to my next resupply point.

Trouble is I'd hate to lose any photos, (I only intend to walk the PCT
once!) And this method is prone to someone stuffing up (to err is human...)
but if anyone has found a company that has reliably performed this service,
please post. Or for that matter a better strategy for getting that digital
code safely off the trail!

Regards

Rik