[pct-l] The Mojave Work Camp...

About a mile past the highway you reach the open aquaduct.  The
sides are sloped, but not what I would call dangerous.  Getting
down and up safely isn't hard.  Just pay attention to what you are
doing.  If you don't want to do this, you'd have to hope the
school is open or walk to the store.

Chris

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 StoneDancer1@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/5/03 3:11:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> pcnst2003@oakapple.net writes:
> >>Maybe if enough people are seen getting water out of the aqueduct, the
> aqueduct people will figure out an easier way for them to do it.<<
>

> Just where, other than the bee-ridden horse trough at Cottonwood Creek, are
> people getting water out of the aqueduct?  Are we talking about the rather
> steep-sided open section of the California Aqueduct before you turn north at the
> Los Angeles Aqueduct pipe? Having rock climbed for twenty years (in distant
> youth) , I am no wuss, but hiking alone, I thought I would not really like to
> climb up and down their sides.
>
> No Way

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics