[pct-l] Digital Cameras for the trail

 I just got an Olympus Stylus 300 All weather camera that is 3.2 mega-whops.
Comes with 3X optical zoom and 4x digital zoom. ( came with 16MB chip) Camera
is all metal body and survived a 8 ft. drop onto railroad mainline ballast the
third day I bought it with no problem. . Comes with a rechargable battery
with charger and CD to load up your computer to read it. Chip is the newer style
XD picture card. I bought a larger 256MB chip for my Yukon trip which was more
than enough. I could take 2,900 pictures on the 650X450 setting or 400 pics
on the 2048 X 1500 setting. ( or 900 second movie with no sound) After trip ,
just go to any Walmart , Coso, etc and download your pics to a CD and have your
favorite prints copied at about 29 cents a pic. Then, take the best pics over
to Kinko's or a copy store and have them blow up your prints for a few bucks
a piece. The Olympus Stylus is the same popular " Clamshell: design as their
small 35 mm cameras. Cost was 370.00 at Cosco. Good camera for rookies( like
myself) who know little to nothing about digital photography.