[pct-l] The Mojave Work Camp...

I must say, this experience sounds VERY different from
what I saw last year.

Meagan, Heavy Pack, Caboose and I had hitched to the
Three Points Roadhouse earlier that day for some
burgers and beer on Memorial Day Weekend. We loaded up
with water and planned to camp a bit a short ways into
the Mojave. We hitched back, and as we passed Jack
Fair's old place, we were hailed by the gentleman in
question. He invited us to check out what he was doing
to the place, to sit down in some director chairs
outside and gave us some lemonade and fruit. He told
us the whole story about buying the place across the
street to store cars, how he was a producer,  etc.
He later took Meagan and Heavy Pack into a town that
had a grocery store/Walmart. (Can't remember the name
of the town).

He did not charge us a dime. I will add that we were
among the first (if not THE first) thru-hikers to be
his official guests on his property. Maybe he
discovered how many thru-hikers are coming through
this area and now sees us as a cheap labor pool? Maybe
he won't charge hikers when the work is completed? Or
maybe there is something to the female angle as Meagan
is an attractive and charming person... (I do not
think he found Heavy Pack, Caboose or I all that
attractive. :D) In any case, was a much different
experience last year. I was under the impression it
was to be a traditional hiker hostel. Apparently his
plans have evolved into something a bit different...
Weird.

=====