[pct-l] Ajax is through (but not quite thru) hiking

Greetings fellow listers!  I've just returned home (and, unfortunately, back to work also) after my summer's journey on the PCT.  I started where I had left off in 1998, near Baden-Powell in the San Bernadino's up to Cascade Locks from May 17 to August 26.  Total distance of around 1620 miles if I exclude 2 sections that I missed & intend to go back to (75 miles from Sonora Pass to Echo Summit due to illness, and ~60 from McKenzie Pass to Breitenbush lake due to the forest fire).  Once I fill in those gaps I will have completed Cal and OR... really can't wait to go & finish the trail with the Washington section.  How I wish I could still be out there hiking with my friends!  I had an absolutely marvelous trip & met lots of terrific people along the way.

To answer a couple of recent questions concerning the whereabouts of some of the hikers...  Alistair & Gail are indeed still out there, they left Cascade Locks on 8/27.  I never met Ronnie, but folks told me he was in town on the 28th.  I've never heard of Stormy or Cliffhanger.  There were a load of other folks who were in Cascade Locks while I was there, between 8/26 and 8/29: including Rob & Brita "The Clean Machine", Yogi, Apteryx, WalkDad, Tuna & Numbrrs, Troll & Laffy Taffy, Shiver & Dawn Treader, Rusted Root, Sand Smurf, Bergfish, John Calhoun "Mother Nature's Son", Snake Charmer, and The Czechs.  I was hoping Billygoat would come in before I left, we separated when he decided to walk roads around the fire.  But alas I must have just missed him.

So, I'm trying to adjust to my "other life", dreaming of when I'll be able to get on the trail again.  Thanks to everyone who made my trip such a success, from those of you on the list offering advice, to my fellow adventurers.  Good Luck & happy trails to the class of 2003.

Ajax