[pct-l] Info " Hot" off the Trail

 Just got back from Goat Rocks area near White Pass yesterday . Had great
weather and saw a number of this years hikers. ( Several hikers called their trip
down the " Knife Edge"  Goat Rocks " their best day on the entire PCT!! )
    First met section hiker " Bigfoot" at the store. Read the register and
saw that T-Bone had been there 2 days back . and that Garlic Man and Mountain
house and been there that day. I hiked up to hidden springs ,camped and hiked
back were Yogi and Tera-X  ( Older New Zealand hiker)caught up with me. Then met
a couple dubbled the " Clean Team" Choo-Choo and Longtrail???   Also bumbed
into " Goforth " who did the PCT on foot in 1999 and had her new horse with
her.
   I shared my cooler chest with them and didn't even ask them to " Paint my
fence" or anything!! TIC.
    Speaking of " Painting fences" or working thru-hikers for water or shade,
there are a few ugly rumors coming up the trail about a certain "trail angel"
or trail devil" down in the desert area that asks hikers to paint his fence
for 20 minutes for every hour you lay in the shade. Humm??? Also as darkest
falls and thru=hikers are about to drop off asleep, that when he starts up the
big machines for landscaping.  If you use Jack Fare's old place as a layover,
bring a good pair of work gloves as you may need to paint or landscape after a
long 30 mile day on the trail!!!