[pct-l] yikes

> Not necessarily. In 1977, our plan called for a 17
> miles/day average,
> dropping to 11 miles/day in the Sierra. Of course,
> back then everyone took
> about 5-1/2 months to complete the trail.

I'm thru-hiking next year and planning a full 6
months.  It can be done, as I've known several hikers
who have pulled off this schedule.  I plan to leave
April 10 and finish October 10.  I know that I take a
risk with the end date, and I may finish earlier, but
I know me.  I will want to stretch it out to its
fullest, and I have friends who have finished in mid
to late October on the PCT (various years) with no
problems except cold rain and a few snowy days.  I am
in love with fall, so I won't miss it even if it
forces me to road walk the last bit to the border.  I
also plan one full day off per week.

Nocona