[pct-l] PCT through Desolation Wilderness

This weekend, on the way out of the Desolation Wilderness I ran into Chance,
Running Feather, and Al, all of whom had just resupplied at Echo Lake.
Chance was hoping the get to Donner Tuesday I think.  Just north of Dick's
pass (Dick's Lake through Upper Velna Lake) the mosquitoes were as bad as
any I have experience in the sierras: some would get me while walking
swiftly, and when I stopped I would find something like 3 dozen on me within
5 seconds of stopping.  Of course this helped keep me motivated to move
along :-)  South of Dick's Pass: Aloha Lake, etc had some mosquitoes, but
they weren't too bad.  Everyone I talked with this weekend was having no
luck catching fish.

--mark