[pct-l] Whitney Stuff and fees.!! ( Yiks!!! Delete Delete!!)

  First, the list yesterday was so long I had to " download it" and seemed to
be have had a virus that I couldn't get past 9% on and was unable to read.
    Second is PCT thru-hikers should have a free ticket to the top of Whitney
if they choose. If you walk from Mexico North , you have earned a right to
the highest spot in the lower 48 and for many, this may be their only chance to
be this close only to have to bypass because U.N. controlled rules and regs.
( We are talking about 150 to 200 hikers here) Most they people arrive earlier
than the general public to climb anyway. I climbed the peak May 23th 1977 and
was the first to sign register since November> ( I know, way more folks now
days etc. etc.)
    We are not " Stuck" with these rules and regs. either. If you complain
this and boycott that , you can get your point through. Many of the demo fees
are up for a re-vote soon. Make a few calls and write you local newpaper in the
opinions sections.
     The government is slowly choking the public out of their public lands
through fees and quota's. Right down to the 9.00 fees for out of the way camp
grounds which boot out anyone with low income the right to share " Their "
forest. The new 30.00 climbing fees around here add up in a hurry with a party of
five as well.
   As we pay more each year, the government cuts budgets from National Parks
and Forest. Also they plan to " Privatize " much of the current NPS and NFS
jobs and replace those folks with very low wage jobs.  ( Even the Sierra Club's
Elite are against  these new fees)
    Remember all the college kids in the 60's and 70's who worked for the
parks as summer help while going to school?? That will soon to a thing of the
past.
     The U.N. World Eco-Sphere program Agendea 21 will decide who enters our
parks from now on.  They have there hooks in all our National Parks,
Wilderness area and wild and scenic rivers. ( Just check out the sign at Staircase in
the Olympics!!) People in France have a bigger say what goes on around Whitney
than you and I.
      Ever here the story about the frog and the pan of water??? If you put a
frog in a pan of hot water, he jumps out fast!! He you put him in cool water
and slowly turn up the heat, he stays and boils to death. That frog in the
slowly heating water is America's hikers. National Parks are quickly becoming "
Country Clubs" for only the rich. Only people with rights to these public lands
are thoses with money.
   A local ranger here in Washington State told the newpaper, " Hey, it's
still a great family deal as compared to a Mariner's game!!". ( which is over 100
dollars for a family of 4 with a hot dog)  Difference is I don't own the
Mariners but do own a piece the the National Park.