From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Richard Hare
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 10:05 AM
To: James Kendall; PCT - list
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Newbie questions

James

I don't think you'll need to worry about being as fit as an olympic athlete!
(although as a consequence of doing the walk you may become it!)  There was
some discussion on this list a while ago about starting earlier and taking
your time in the first few weeks to build up to longer milages.  The
downside to this is that distances between water can be up to 25miles so if
you were to spend 2 days walking this you'd obviously have to carry twice
the water, I would suggest about 12 litres which may not be practical!
Anyway you've a while to work out your strategies!