[pct-l] Alcohol vs. Gas stoves

>> I'm trying to figure out what is potentially wrong with alcohol stoves.
<<

Alcohol stoves are clean, relatively efficient, cheap, simple, maintenance
free, lightweight and super quite. Finding fuel on the PCT is not a problem.
I don't know the ratio of alcohol vs. white gas, however, I wouldn't be
surprised to see alcohol far in the lead of usage. Especially among
thru-hikers.

Buy or make one, learn how to use it and take it out on a few practice
hikes. I'm sure that's all you'll need to be convinced. Of course I could be
bias.

-- Fallingwater