[pct-l] Hat Creek Rim conditions?

Hello DP!

Yes, Chester is a great trail stop.  In '99, I and a friend I was hiking with
ran into serious snow near Cold Spring and Humbug Road, resulting in an
unanticipated stay in Chester.  June 20th was too early, at least that year, to be
hiking the PCT in that area.

Since we looked like typical thruhikers, i.e., bums, we were turned away from
one motel but were welcome at the Antlers Motel.  It was old but charming,
and the people there were friendly and helpful.

The Kopper Kettle Cafe served a huge and tasty breakfast.  Not fast service,
but worth waiting for.  We had dinner at the Timber House Restaurant, a
fascinating place built almost entirely from tree stumps that had been cut into
large blocks.

This was four years ago.  Things can change.  But Chester rates high on my
list of PCT town stops.
_____