[pct-l] Hat Creek Rim conditions?

Leave early...real early.

If it's hot, you can't leave to early.
If it's hot, you'll wish for poison oak to sit under!
:)

Last year Amigo left 'Cache 22' which was a large
water cache near forest road 22. This was unexpected
for us and a huge, welcome surprise (Thanks again, Amigo!)

Although it's flat, it's a big junk of mileage. Even
after being on the trail for 2 months and coming off
a rest day, it was tough. The hotter, the tougher. It
topped out at 106 that day! I was beat by the time I
made the 'water pipe' about 8pm, with a start time of
5:30am from Old Station.

Scott Parks

Last year I left
> In three weeks time, I'm going to dayhike the 30-
> mile stretch of Hat Creek Rim (California Section N)
> from Hwy. 44 (Old Station) north to Crystal Lake
> State Fish Hatchery (30 miles). Every year I do some
> special walk for the solstice and this year the
> nicest thing I could think of to do for myself
> was to get the infamous Hat Creek Rim behind me.
> (Section O, ahead, of course, is a whole other
> kettle of misery ...)

---
Art       : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/art
Hiking    : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/pct