[pct-l] Apache Springs Camp site

Hi all,

I'm taking off this Thursday north from Hwy 74, and have heard or read
from a couple of sources that apparently there is a small place to camp
somewhere down the side trail towards Apache Springs. There's even a
picture in "Along the PCT" by Karen Berger with the caption "view of
Palm Springs from Apache Springs Camp".

Any hard data on this? If the camp exists and if there's any water
running it would make a mighty sweet first night's resting place. As it
stands I'm planning to take the side trip to Cedar Springs (on purpose -
I'd like to have a look), tank up with 5+liters and dry camp around
Fobes/Apache someplace. Any new data about this possible camp spot or
Apache water flow would be appreciated

--
Mike Maurer