[pct-l] Tioga pass?

> So much for the local news..I called them and YES they reported
> incorrectly it was open!

Local news? Sheesh, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the sky is blue.

As for this particular question, a Google search
<http://www.google.com/search?&q=california+road+conditions+tioga+pass>
quickly leads to the Caltrans site
<http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/sr120>, which is updated hourly and
should be fairly reliable. Here's what they have to say tonight:

SR 120
    [CENTRAL CALIFORNIA & SIERRA NEVADA]
    IS CLOSED FROM CRANE FLAT TO 12 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF US 395 /TIOGA
PASS/
(TUOLUMNE, MONO CO's) - WINTER CLOSURE - THE ESTIMATED DATE OF REOPENING IS
6/6/03 - THE YOSEMITE NAT'L PARK WEST ENTRANCE ON SR 120 IS OPEN