[pct-l] Tehachapi re-route possible?

About the Tejon Ranch article:
Whether sell or set aside, once the land is in public trust, would it be
possible to re-route the PCT to its rightful place??  I don't know a lot
about this, but I don't see why not. W/o the #&* secretive Tejon Ranch
owning the land, there must be some hope where there was definately none
before.
  I hope the PCTA is all over this:))

Michael G.

The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond
reach; its is also an expression of loyalty to the earth...the only home we
shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need--if only we had the eyes to
see it.

Edward Abbey