[pct-l] Tehachapi re-route possible?

Hey everyone, first time poster.  I'm a geologist living in Bakersfield, CA. I mostly do short section hikes along with various other Sierra ramblings.  Thanks to everyone for the great info!!

Regarding Tejon Ranch, don't be fooled.  They are a huge corporation with multiple interests (cattle, oil, and land development).  They are planning large business and residential developments in the mountains near the Grapevine (west of Tehachapi).  I wouldn't be surprised if their seemingly altruistic behavior is some sort of plan to help them win approval for these developments.

Hike on!

Padre

StoneDancer1@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 5/29/03 9:17:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bnc@mscsoftware.com writes:

> The Los Angeles Times has an article this morning about
> an offer from the Tejon Ranch Co. to set aside 270,000
> acres of land along the ridge of the Tehachapi's as a
> wildlife preserve:

"Set Aside" means "sell" in this case. My early morning cynicism made me
check the article out.

No Way