[pct-l] Recharging batteries on the trail?

I've used a digital camera (Canon S30) section hiking the last 2 summers with good success. I found that carrying only one extra battery allowed me to capture the entire week on "film". Of course, your mileage may vary. I generally took around 100 hi-res pics. I have no experience with solar rechargers, but guess that one would weigh more than the extra battery(s) needed.
-Ron