From: "Barf Fartfigneugen" <sandman_e_mail@yahoo.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 5:37 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Introduction-Looking for advise

> Hello all,
> My name is Gabe. I am 21 and live in Eugene, OR. I'm a rather
inexperienced backpacker but the PCT has peaked my interest. I would like to
attempt it possibly in 2005 but probably 2006. For this summer though, I
think I may end up with about a week off of work and was wondering where a
good place to do a "3 day in 3 day out" trip would be. I want to try and
cover 75 miles one way to see exactly what it takes to do that. I was
thinking maybe a section of the PCT that runs through the Mt. Jefferson
wilderness area. Any suggestions or general advise is welcome. Thanks.