[pct-l] looking for a pct mentor

hi everyone-

my name's pea. i just joined the list, and this is my first post. my
friend lydia and i hiked section A of the pct from april 26th to may
2nd, and we had a really great time, and met alot of wonderful people.
we're mostly used to day-hiking, and this was really our first foray
into backpacking. i had a good enough experience that i'm considering an
attempt at a full thru-hike in 2004 or 2005. like anybody else, this
largely depends on whether i can get my work/financial situation in order.

putting that aside, though, my main question is, is there anyone out
there that lives in san diego who has hiked the pct who would be
interested in mentoring me a bit in the ways of thru-hiking, especially
with regard to physical training leading up to the hike. in my week on
the trail, i learned a few things about my feet and legs, and while i
didn't have any major problems, there are clearly some issues of
strength/endurance/technique/equipment that i would like to address
before attempting a full thru-hike. i've learned alot from reading the
books and scanning the various internet resources, but it'd be really
great to have someone to work with and talk to in person. it would be
especially ideal to find someone who's also planning a thru-hike for
next season, so that i could have a training/encouragement partner.

i'm not necessarily looking for a *huge* commitment from anyone- just
someone with a decent amount of experience who's willing to give a
little of their time/knowledge/enthusiasm in support of the trail.

anyway, if anyone out there is interested, please email me off the list
and we'll discuss possibilities!!

thanks in advance!!
--
Pea Hicks