[pct-l] Poor Man's Sigg Bottle and Nitro Methane use in AlcoholStove

 A friend told me about these new " Sport's Drinks" that come in a 12 oz.
Alum. Bottle that seems about the same thickness as your old Sigg or MSR fuel
bottle. These might be a good choice if you still pack white gas for your
stove and cost is around a buck fifty . Also container may be good for a
future heavy duty alcohol stove.
   Also , my brother gave me some Nitromethane fuel which he uses in his Quad
Racing  down on the dunes in Oregon. The stuff gives your fuel much more
kick. So I tried burning some mixed in an Open design ( Roy Robinson or Pika
Stove) The stuff cut 1 minute and 23 secs. off my 2 cup of water boiling time
with one film canister of fuel over standard alcohol fuel. Nitromethane only
burns half the oxygen that alcohol does , but cost 40 dollars a gallon and
burns out a minute and a half faster as well over alcohol when one film
canister's worth is used. Next I mixed it one third Nitro to two thirds
alcohol and the results were nearly as good as when I burned staight Nitro.
This stuff stinks a bit ( But no worse than any esbit tab)  and may be just
the ticket for your stove when hiking above 10,000ft.
   At 40 dollars a gallon, it won't become a mainsteam thu-hiker fuel any
time soon, but you can buy a pint at a model airplane store. Some model
airplane fuels ( like Cox) sell a premixed 15 percent Nitromethane fuel that
is purple and comes in a pint container. This will turn your homemade Alcohol
wonder into a Whisperlight slayer   for a fraction of the weight.
  So far, I still haven't fried my beard or hair with this Nitro stuff ,but
am no longer allowed inside by the fireplace to test my stoves!!  I thought
in early testing I may be left with a puddle of liquid Aluminuim where the
stove was placed  but the cat stoves and soda stoves seem to hold up to the
extra heat. ( Also Nitromethane makes a weird color when burning at night!!!
Good luck!!