[pct-l] Problem Hiker

How does s/he know they carved into the fixture?? Whjere is
the evidence except one person's word against another? Did the
caretaker dislike these peopel for some reason?? Everyplace I've
seen has, unfortunately, TONS of carvings! Even on top of
Lyell and other peaks!!! Give us a break!!

Imposing a fine after the fact is pretty hard to do, if not impossible
and unlawful. And how many people have the same initals if that is what they
carved?
Even the most sacred Indian places have modern carvings...it is
insidious (not to justify it though, but u have to catch the
carver in the act to press charges. Did s/he catch them in the
act? CLEARLY NOT, otherwise s/he would have issued a ticket
immediately. SOunds like sour apples to me!!

..and the fire, what does s/he mean by extinguish? It has to be dead out
of course, but some of these volunteers at CC are so anal and bored
they look for slightest infarction!! (PI) (Read that: busy-bodies!)
and the same type gets placed everyyear..there is no continuity in
management there! (except perhaps interviewing for the same personality
to place as a caretaker. <grin>

Richard