[pct-l] attitude shift?

Last year on the trail I saw this 'in the wild'.

Not to worry though, attrition will wipe out this
attitude. By the time they get to north, way north,
Only the psychotic (gotta make miles, it's a wilderness
experience, must make border, etc ;) will remain.

Your bear theory is good. Trail angels are rare if not
absent altogether in the north. This is good and bad
thing. But like you've observed, it 'can' breed bad
bears.

Regardless, trail angels are truly fantastic, kind
hearted souls. It's a shame about the 10%.

Scott parks

> It might be that my advancing years have triggered
> the onset of curmudgion hormones.  Or I might be
> suffering from an ever-intensifying case of
> thru-hiker wannabe.  Regardless, I think I detect
> a different timbre to the overall hiker attitude
> as reflected in the journal writings of this year.

---
Art       : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/art
Hiking    : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/pct