[pct-l] Re: PCT-L digest, Vol 1 #867 - 12 msgs

Just got back from hiking 101 miles between Warner Springs and Cabazon.  We
got over the Fuller Pass area.  Got stuck for 45 minutes looking for the
trail over the creek.  There was 5 to 6 feet of snow in places.  Walking was
not bad.  We used our instep crampons, they worked great in the early morning
hours.  Snowed on us Friday night just below Fuller Pass.  Hopefully, all our
good tracks were not wiped out for the hikers behind us.  There were quite a
few trees over the trail between San Jacinto Peak trail and Apache Spring
Trail.  Saw a great big fat rattlesnake sunning itself on the trail just past
Penrod Creek gate about 2 miles.  It was not aggressive and slithered off the
trail after we threw a rock at him.  He looked like he had just eaten.  Saw
bear tracks down below San Jacinto Peak access trail.  Had a great time.
Just waiting for the snow to melt in the NW so we can get out on the trails.

Sparrow and Blind Pig