[pct-l] Wahoo! - Natural Mosquito Repellant - Water Purification

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBAAAAA!!!

Amigo and Dragonfly will be hiking from Whitney to
Washington this summer.  I am anxious to flow with the
trail and its positive energy again.  It is a good
time to start hiking again.  We'll be in the midst of
all the thru hikers.  Keep an eye out for us.

My Questions for the list -

NATURAL MOSQUITO REPELLANT - whatever happened to the
research on CATNIP and TOMATOE extracts?  Can anyone
refer me to more information?

WATER PURIFICATION - I'm not interested in any of the
mainstream stuff, and looking for something that isn't
a bunch of chemicals.  Anyone used that UV stick?
Anything else out there (not PolarPure or Iodine or
Aquamira or Clorine)?

Finally, Backpacks.  I'm looking for something that
will allow me to go internationally and not fall
apart.  I love my GVPG5, but I'm looking at the
Mountainsmith Ghost.  For DURABILITY and weight, does
it get lighter than 2lbs 6ounces?

Much os Gra see us.

-Amigo