From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
phoenix2003@pocketmail.com
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 10:41 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] ATMs in trail towns

We're just about to leave Mount Laguna, a few days behind the main group of
hikers.  Yesterday I tried to buy a money order at the Mount Laguna post
office, and my check card was rejected.  I couldn't quite understand why,
but it seems to do with the fact that it is  an ATM card that can be used as
like a credit card, and the post office computer only takes straight debit
cards.  Fortunately we had enough cash to resupply well past Warner Springs,
but now we have no cash.

So can anyone tell me if Warner Springs has an ATM in the area?  And where
else in the coming weeks can we hope to find ATMs?

Thanks in advance,

Chris (Phoenix, PCT 2003)