[pct-l] first time sectin hiker needs advice.

--
Tammy

Number one you live in great backpacking country. I don't know of your
experience in the back country. I do winter backpacking around Big Bear. In
January I went from Big Bear to Route 10 about 74 miles. It was wonderful had
up to two feet of snow in the high country, them the high desert to the low
desert. I love the Mountains in the winter its survival. You have so many
good trails for day hikes and right next to the PC. I live in LA and would
give anything to live in Big Bear.

All you gotta do is take your children out on day hikes. You should join the
Sierra Club or some hiking club. My daughter started this way when she was
eleven years old. We did the John Muir trail together after she gained some
experience in day hikes and backpacking. Join the Pacific Trail Association I
learned a lot from the Websites and posting. You will get the Communicator it
is a wonderful magazine.
Do you know they have dial a ride in Big Bear. They will take you to trail
head.

Lonetrail