From: "Mike DiLorenzo" <dilorenz@hotmail.com>
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 02:42:53 +0000
Subject: [pct-l] mp3 or mini-disk?

can i hear some comments (pros/cons) of each system
from the high tech
junkies out there?

i've done far too much hiking with only the FM dial as
my audio
companion,
and while i have come to enjoy country and pop 40
music, i would
appreciate
some variety and having my own music to choose from.

i have thought about the i-pod but i need a FM
receiver as well (i
don't
have that much country music).  i am also concerned
that the AC adapter
for
the i-pod may be excessively large.

a FM receiver and standard AA/AAA battery power are
key features for
me.

any feed back from the list will be much appreciated!

sincerely,
mike d-low-renzo