From: "Jim Keener" <jkeener@backpacker.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 12:51 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Muscle Cramps

Hello, all,

I often get severe cramps in my hamstrings often when I walk quickly for 20
or more miles. Sometimes I get cramps in other leg muscles, as well.
Remedies I have tried are adding 1 tsp. of salt to each quart of water I
drink, taking calcium/magnesium/zinc tablets, eating several bananas.

I sweat a lot and drink a lot of water. For example, from Campo to Lake
Moreno, I drank almost five quarts on Friday, a cool day.

Any ideas?

Peace,
Jim