[pct-l] tendonitis and bear boxes?

To my knowledge there are no bear boxes on the PCT north of Woods Creek
Crossing.  Chances are all your food will fit in your bear cans by then.  I
have always used a stuff sack for storage in bear boxes, without incident.
You will reach Tyndall Creek "frog ponds" a couple miles before you reach
Tyndall Creek Crossing.  Both have bear boxes.  In my opinion the Frog Ponds
are a more appealing place to camp, as far as the situation of campsites,
morning sunshine, and privacy.  I have never found the bear box to be full
there.  Tyndall Creek Crossing can get very crowded as it is the closest
bear box south of Forester Pass.  The same is true of Center Basin Crossing,
the first bear box north of Forester.  If the camp is too ghetto-like for
you there are more boxes a few miles further in Vidette Meadows.
One advantage of bear cans over Bear boxes, you can avoid camping in hiker
ghettos around boxes and have some solitude.  I am sure some people enjoy
the companionship, it just reminds me too much of a car campground.
It takes a bit of hunting to find the bear boxes at Rae Lakes.  The first
one I found northbound was located near the lake shore.  A post on the PCT
marked a use trail that led to the bear box and camping area near the shore.

There are a couple boxes at Woods Creek Crossing, one very close to the
bridge and the other down in the woods south of the bridge.  We found
superior camping on the north side of the bridge, a hundred yards or so down
the Paradise Valley trail.  I am looking forward to returning there this
August.
llamalady