[pct-l] tendonitis and bear boxes?

Hi fellow hikers-

I had posted that I may have a stress fracture that would threaten our
JMT hike in June.  The bonescan was negative for a fracture and I'm
being treated for peroneal tendonitis (Relefan and physical therapy).
 My doc says our trip should be on!!!!  I have about 5 weeks to heal,
though this means a trip without training (I am biking and stretching
and swimming, but no walking with weight).  you can't win them all.  we
will just take it very slow to start...in fact we may start at Happy
Isles instead of Horseshoe to limit our initial food weight.

Question 1:  Does anyone recommend a better insole for such a  problem.
 I have superfeet in my Clarions...the NB 806 with spencos is what we
think started the tendonitis, as they were a bit big to account for
swelling.

Question 2:  IF we start south, we will hike from Horseshoe to VVR.  All
of our food wont't fit in our cannisters, so we were planning on using
bear boxes (and stealth tactics)  for the rest...there seem to be many
boxes between Whitney and VVR according to Winnet's guide.  When putting
the rest of our food in the bear boxes should we just place it in our
nylon stuff sack and place that into the bear box?  Is this safe from
animals or is there a better way?

Thanks for all the help on everything.  I have truely enjoyed the
message board.  We are so excited and happy that our trip is on!

Peace,

Nate