[pct-l] tendonitis and bear boxes?

--
I used a bear box in the rea lakes area on the JMT in 98.  no
problems at all.  I can't see how any criter at all could ever get
into a bear box.  once you see them, you will see.  its constructed
of steel thicker than the body of car, and requires opposable (sp?)
thumbs.  tiney critters, like insects, might be able to infest it the
box, but every bear box I have seen has been clean and no signs of
bugs.

we also used stealth techniques the rest of our trip and had no
problems, even in Yosemite.  if you camp between Yosemite Valley and
Tuolumne, i recomend either using a cannister, or camping far away
from any other established campsites.  we saw like 3 shredded packs
from the previous night when hiking through this area in 98.
however, the bear situation seems to be improving, as we saw nothing
of the sort when passing this area in 2001.

just be cautious and smarter than the bears, and you'll do fine.

peace,
dude