[pct-l] PCT Manning Park to Cascade Locks - entering the USA

Must admit that I haven't followed the whole thread so
I might say something that's already been said here.

Thruhiked in 98, and things were a bit more relaxed
then. Still, the rules were the same as far as I know.
I decided to turn around at the border. It might not
be as bas as it seems.
I hiked to within a days return trip from the border
(extremely nice campsite by a lake I don't remember
the name of), did the rest bit to the border leaving
my stuff at that site. Then went back to the nearest
road and hitchiked out.
When you count in the "dayhike" without the pack, the
time spent getting back to the US thru Vancouver etc.
I figured I didn't loose more than max two days, maybe
only one and that's not much to avoid the hassle - and
possible fines etc.
The big question though is snow levels. I did it in
nice weather and no snow. With snow it would be much
harder and in extreme conditions extremely difficult.

Svein